Saturday, July 11, 2015

So You've Gotten Out of the Habit

It feels like it's been months since I've been on here! The last few weeks have been crazy, and on top of neglecting this blog, I've been neglecting my fitness routine as well-- with the exception of the last few days. That's why the topic of this post is so appropo for me.

So... You've gotten out of the habit of working out. Gasp! The horror! How on earth are you going to get back into it?

This isn't a totally uncovered area on this blog, so if I get a little repetitious of a few of my other posts, please forgive me. Let's get started.

You really do not feel like it. C'mon, you've just gotten off from work, gotten in from the hot sun, been out all day long with friends, etc. You're tired and really do not feel like doing anything except planting your butt on the couch. Believe me, I have been there everyday of my life. So here's what I did:

1. I thought about it when I woke up.
2. I thought about it when I drove to work.
3. I had a hearty lunch in preparation of working out later.
4. I thought about it when I drove home.
5. I tried to talk myself out of it and fall asleep on the couch.
6. I forced myself to do 50 squats.

That's all I did for my first day of getting back into it.

The next day, I thought about what I was wanting to target. So I did 5 minutes of core, 5 minutes of back-strengthening yoga, and 2 minutes of cardio. That's about 12 minutes of exercise. Not so bad, right?

Just try to increase the time you spend by a few minutes each day. Get back to it! Have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment