Benefits? You say, staring at your computer/tablet/cell phone. What benefits?
1. Typically you look pretty good in clothes. Out of clothes? Let's not talk about that.
2. Your grocery bill isn't very large.
3. You feel accomplished that while others have to "work" at maintaining a slim physique, you do it without much fuss.
4. While others agonize over being "too fat," you can relax knowing you'll never be one of those girls.
|Societal pressures have given birth to concepts like the one above.|
Lies. Particularly #4. This is coming from personal experience, but I feel pretty confident in saying that if you are or ever have been someone who has to stay skinny, you're never satisfied. Oh, you're a size four? Too fat, you're taking up too much space. Size two? Um, hello, zero is the new size two. This line of thinking is not healthy. I do not, do not, support this thinking.
Let's talk about the benefits of being fit.
1. You typically look great in clothes, but out of clothes? Major bonus!
2. Your grocery bill usually is bigger (healthy food isn't cheap), but your body will thank you.
3. You feel accomplished every time you look in the mirror. You remember where you started, see where you are, and set goals of where you want to be.
4. Being "too fat" isn't really a concern. Being healthy, feeling and sleeping well, staying positive, and wondering whether you can increase your reps by ten today are your main concerns.
I have been a "skinny girl," and I am working hard to become a "fit girl." One of the greatest benefits of adopting a fit and healthy lifestyle is