Here's what you need:
Olive oil or cooking spray
1 Tbsp. shredded cheese (whatever you have on hand)
1 Tbsp. salsa
1 Tbsp. meat (ham, turkey.. whatever you want or none if you're feeling vegetarian)
Pinch of salt (and pepper if you're into that)
Here's what you do:
- Coat a mug with either olive oil or cooking spray
- Add the two eggs to the mug, breaking the yolks and mixing to a constant consistency with a fork
- Add the salsa, shredded cheese, and salt
- Cube the meat and add it as well
- Mix well with the fork and cook in the microwave on high for one minute
- Remove the mug (careful, it may be really hot), take your fork and break apart the egg that's formed on top and mix well with the remaining egg mixture in the bottom of the mug
- Put the mug back into the microwave and give it another minute.
And there you go! An omelette (of sorts) in under five minutes! I found the basis for this idea on Pinterest (of course...) and tweaked it a little. I hope this is helpful!
Have other ideas for a speedy breakfast? Leave them in a comment below!