Thursday, April 30, 2015

Motivation [Or the How-To's]

While talking to a friend about fitness, she asked me how I stay motivated. That's not an easy question to give a straight answer to, so instead of saying anything, I just sent her a link to my blog. As I have said before, I find it extremely important to find people who support you. My sister forms my rock when it comes to fitness to everything; she listens to my doubts, my complaints, my deepest insecurities and always rebuts my claims of inadequacy. This blog acts as another source of motivation; I push myself harder in the hopes that I can inspire others to adopt a better healthier lifestyle. But if you're looking for a source of motivation, look no further than yourself. Take pictures of yourself (selfie it up--no shame) every day, every week, or once a month-- however often you feel comfortable or remember to do it. By having these visual "aids," you motivate yourself with the desire to reach the results you want to see in yourself. I'll take a moment to caution against using Pinterest as a mode of "motivation" as while there are plentiful "fitspo" pins (refer back to my post about the feminine fitness image), spending hours scrolling through these pictures pale in comparison to the progress you could have made using that time on your own body. Even so, spending a few minutes looking at these pins to motivate you isn't a completely terrible practice; just don't spend hours doing it. Sending my love and appreciation to you for stopping by! Please take a second to leave a comment on your thoughts about motivation... It would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment