Friday, April 10, 2015

The Feminine "Fitness" Image

The feminine "fitness" image-- you know the one I'm talking about: washboard abs, moderately muscular legs with a considerable "thigh gap," large breasts, long hair.... The fitness side of Pinterest is rife with these women. Underneath (I'm guilty of it too) is typically some comment about it being "fitness goals!" or "the perfect body!" Which is nice and all, but honestly, unrealistic (for the most part). Of course, if you're one of those people who epitomize the feminine fitness image, I'm jealous. Because even though I'm tall and relatively thin, I couldn't be all of those things. Even if I got the washboard abs, muscular legs, and long hair, I won't have the large breasts, unless by a miracle or a few thousand dollars. My point here is that it's okay if you don't look like those woman. You are your own brand of beautiful. You have your own line of fitness. You only have one body, and it's the one you're in right now, and fantasizing about looking like or being someone else will honestly not help. Instead, focus on how you want your own body to look. Be comfortable in your own skin, and if you aren't, then instead of feeling down or discouraged, use that as your motivation. Your body truly is a temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment